Sculpting the Figure in Clay: An Artistic and Technical Journey to Understanding the Creative and Dynamic Forces in Figurative Sculpture
Prices may incl. VAT *
Last refresh Jun/19/2019 06:38 AM
A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO SCULPTING THE HUMAN FIGURE IN CLAY
In Sculpting the Figure in Clay, acclaimed portrait bust sculptor and author Peter Rubino teaches a master class in the essentials of figurative sculpture. In this intensive, all-inclusive guide, he introduces students to a natural, straightforward geometry that will help them become masters at forming figures in clay. Rubino’s unique approach utilizes a geometric system consisting of blocks, simple shapes, and guidelines that instruct students in a new and instinctive sculptural style. With these easy-to-follow instructions and informative concepts, students will see figures as the basic shapes beneath the form as well as learn vital approaches such as BLT: Bend, Lean, and Turn, to create evocative expression, and the Three Ps: Position, Proportion, and Planes, for accurate representation. This unparalleled resource is the definitive guide to figurative sculpture.
• The Fundamentals of the Clay Torso
• Observing the Model
• Essential Materials and Tools
• Sculpting the Female Torso from the Live Model
• Sculpting the Reclining Figure from the Live Model
• Sculpting the Hand, Foot, and Lower Arm
• Plus Many Photographic Reference Poses for continued Study
Latest products for Price Comparison
* The prices and shipping costs may have changed since the last update. It is technically not possible to update the prices in real time. The time of purchase on the Website of the seller is used as the reference.