German magician Bruno Hennig invented the "Signed Card To Box". This powerhouse effect has seen countless improvements and modifications over the decades since it's creation.
The effect has been used by thousands of magicians and has fooled countless spectators. The effect is so powerful that many magicians close their shows with it. But every magician that has used this classic has always had a single thought in the back of their mind...if I could just do this, it would be perfect. The Lightning Box is perfect!
I've been personally performing the "Signed Card To Box" since my earliest days in magic. I've tried all of the variations. While many of them worked and were very good like most magicians that have used the effect I kept thinking "what if it could just do this...".
So in the mid-1990's I set out to create the perfect container for the effect. First I created some very stringent goals.
1. The box must look like an ordinary object.
2. The box must be able to work with any color/ back design playing card plus other objects such as money, business cards and billets. The objects must be the complete objects so the spectators can see depth.
3. The box must be able to use the Jamy Ian Swiss work for ultimate deception.
4. The box must be durable and able to withstand countless performances for professional use.
5. The box must have the ability to be shown empty both BEFORE and AFTER the revelation.
6. The lid must stay on for transport but be easy to remove.
7. The container must easily go through airport security.
8. The Reset must be automatic.
After countless prototypes I finally developed a working model. It worked but to be perfect I enlisted the help of professionals.