Get your Fingerlings powered back up to respond to sound, motion, and touch with blinking eyes, head turns, and silly monkey babble.
What Parents Need to Know
1. Button batteries can cause serious injury and death if swallowed.
2. Button batteries are in your home and may be more easily accessible to your child than you think.
3. If your child is playing with a product (key chain, small remote, greeting card, etc) that contains a button battery, they must be supervised.
4. If a child is playing with an item and you are unsure if the battery has fallen out, or you can't find the battery (a remote broke into pieces that scattered, a musical card was torn up, etc) then you need an x-ray. Head directly to the emergency room and tell them "My child may have swallowed a battery." This is a do-not-sit-in-the-waiting-room type of situation.
5. If you suspect that a battery may have been swallowed, you should call the battery ingestion hotline: 202-625-3333. Likely they will tell you the above. They will also likely tell you that panic is not necessary, but swift action is.
6. Even dead batteries can hold enough charge to kill a child.
Dispose of dead batteries appropriately and immediately.