Windows Internals, Part 1: System architecture, processes, threads, memory management, and more (7th Edition)
Prices may incl. VAT *
Last refresh Nov/11/2018 11:55 PM
Pavel Yosifovich, Mark E. Russinovich, David A. Solomon, Alex Ionescu
Scholarly & Professional
The definitive guide–fully updated for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016
Delve inside Windows architecture and internals, and see how core components work behind the scenes. Led by a team of internals experts, this classic guide has been fully updated for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016.
Whether you are a developer or an IT professional, you’ll get critical, insider perspectives on how Windows operates. And through hands-on experiments, you’ll experience its internal behavior firsthand–knowledge you can apply to improve application design, debugging, system performance, and support.
This book will help you:
· Understand the Window system architecture and its most important entities, such as processes and threads
· Examine how processes manage resources and threads scheduled for execution inside processes
· Observe how Windows manages virtual and physical memory
· Dig into the Windows I/O system and see how device drivers work and integrate with the rest of the system
· Go inside the Windows security model to see how it manages access, auditing, and authorization, and learn about the new mechanisms in Windows 10 and Server 2016
Latest products for Price Comparison
* The prices and shipping costs may have changed since the last update. It is technically not possible to update the prices in real time. The time of purchase on the Website of the seller is used as the reference.